What I Do
I (mostly) specialize in web design and development! Here’s a taste of what I do:
- Web Development! This is the core of what I do, and because of that I make an effor to keep up with the latest in an ever-changing field. From the frontend to backend and everything in between, I can make magic happen.
- UI/UX Design! I build products with humans in mind - with simple, straightforward, and joyful user interfaces. The general rule of thumb is that if you need to explain how to use your product, then it’s too complex.
- Community Management! I enjoy organizing community events to bring like-minded people together. I have launched numerous events and meetup groups, such as TacoJS, CodeDay Philly, High School Hackers, and more.
What I am Learning
I consider myself to be a lifetime learner. Here are skills I am working on improving in the near future:
- Illustration! I am learning how to draw, one line at a time, with friends from wonderful communities such as Draw a Box and MLP Drawing School. I eventually want to get to the point where I can sell art and illustration as a skill to others, and to fans around the world.
- Psychology! I want to understand why people do things the way they do, not just in the physical world but also digital world. That’s why I am studying human computer-interaction in my free time, to better understand the diverse mindset of users.
Things I Love
This can be summed up in 4 words:
- Unicorns! If there’s one animal that best describes me, it would be these magical horned ponies. Trust me.
- Tacos! As a staple of my diet, I make myself a taco (or burrito) at least twice a week. I also started a meetup called TacoJS!
- Trans(it)! I like trains enough that I’m on the SEPTA Youth Advisory Council and frequent NUMToT, what more can I say?
- Splatoon 2! I love rolling over my fellow celaphods in this super friendly and radically inclusive game. Come splat with me!
Other Jawns, Etc
I also somehow made it onto a Philly Tech 101 list!
- This website contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information: Proposition 65 (1984)
- I use Google Analytics to track how users interact with my site by collecting non-personal information (such as closest city, browser location, operating system, screen size, window size, pages visited, dwell time). This data is used to improve my site. You can opt-out by enabling your browser’s “Do Not Track” or “Tracking Protection” settings, or by installing DuckDuckGo’s Privacy Essentials.
- If you haven’t yet, hover over the “Back to Top” link in the footer. You’re welcome.